- The types of information we collect
- How we use your information
- The steps we take to keep your information safe
- How to access and update your information
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you in two ways:
- When you voluntarily interact with us or our website, including making an online purchase, signing up for our newsletter, joining our email list, entering a giveaway or contest, commenting on a blog post, interacting with us on social media or submitting a product review.
This personal information could include: Name, mailing address, phone number, email address, social media handles and IP address.
- Automatic collection of more general website usage information, including analytics, social media interaction and cookies that allow us to identify and authenticate visitors, track aggregate behavior, enable important site features, track the efficacy of our website and help us learn more about our visitors’ shopping behavior.
Why do we collect this information and what do we do with it?
We collect information about you in order to communicate with you through email about products or services that we think might be of interest to you. We also collect information in order to process your online order, manage your online account and provide customer service.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you have consented to receive marketing from us, you may opt out at a later date. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive.
Who do we share your information with?
We contract with other third-party companies to provide certain services, such as email distribution, shipping, address verification, third-party advertising, analytics, payment processing and fraud prevention. These service providers are all in compliance with GDPR and CCPA requirements and are not authorized to use or disclose your information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf.
To obtain more information about these third-party companies, and how specifically your data is used with them, please email us or call us at 888-457-5463.
How do we secure your data?
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How long do we keep your information?
We hold onto personal data for the reasonable timeframe that an individual might be considered a potential customer. We will not hold onto your personal data for longer than is necessary.
Cookies are placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor information, so we can conduct statistical analysis on website activity. You can set your browser to not accept cookies at any time, but some of our website features may not function as a result.
How can you access the information we hold about you?
You have the right to access, change, move, or delete any of the personal data that we hold about you. To make a data request, please email us or call us at 888-457-5463. Additionally, we want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information about you that you think is inaccurate.
Do we sell your personal information?
Genuine Innovations values its customers! We have never, and will never, sell your personal information to a third-party. Even though we will never sell your personal information, we do offer an opt-out form per the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Please fill out the Do Not Sell My Personal Information form if you would like to opt-out of the sale of your personal data.